A Message of Gratitude from our Chair of Council Bruce Spangler AM
It is a privilege to have my granddaughter as a student at Annesley. It is also a privilege to be the Chair of the Annesley College Council, a position I have now held for the last 8 years. Previously I have served on the Prince Alfred College Council for a long period, including holding the position of Chair for ten years.
The Annesley College Council is an experienced, dynamic group of successful professionals with diverse skills and experiences. We govern with a genuine openness to what is best for the students and staff at Annesley. The working relationship between the Chair of School Council and Principal of the School is critically important. Luke and I communicate most days and have a formal fortnightly meeting. Under Luke’s impressive leadership, the School’s Leadership Team report to Council on a monthly basis on the operations of the School. As a Council, we are grateful for the ongoing success Annesley is achieving, with a clear focus on personalising the school experience for every student, developing their core and future skills. Annesley is now widely regarded as a leading independent school and it was wonderful to have our positive growth and development recognised in The Advertiser in September this year.
It is at this time we reflect upon the year that has been. I am grateful for Annesley’s;
- Dynamic students who consistently impress me with their passionate approach to making the School and world a better place
- Creative, caring staff who exude passion and dedication, using their strengths to educate and equip our students
- Partnership with Parents who trust us to care for and educate their children
- Expanding staff team, now including Specialist Teachers in Science, Music and Performing Arts, a new leadership position of Learning and Teaching Coach and various new administration positions
- Parents’ Association (APA) who have devoted countless volunteer hours to support community and connection, especially at our inaugural Long Lunch at Howards Vineyard and the end of year ‘stay and play’
- Leadership Team who work tirelessly, seen and unseen, to ensure outstanding outcomes are implemented for the School
- An outstanding, visionary, enthusiastic and committed Principal in Luke
- Council who volunteer their time to ensure the School is governed with integrity, ensuring a strong financial position and vibrant culture of strategic decision making
- Recent Christmas Concerts where our students’ joy and passion was celebrated by over 1000 audience members over 4 shows
- Ongoing capital improvements to support students’ learning and enjoyment at School
- Stakeholder Survey which clearly confirmed that our core focus and actions are significantly supported by our community
- Commitment to remaining agile so we can implement the best research and ideas for our students and staff
- Partnerships with global experts who invest in the continued development of our community
May the Christmas season be a positive time of reflection, where we acknowledge the areas of life we are grateful for and make positive plans for the year that lies ahead. I’m looking forward to walks along the beach with my granddaughters and celebrating this important time of the year with loved ones.
Bruce Spangler AM
Chair, Annesley College Council