The Annesley Council
Our School is truly blessed to have a dynamic group of experienced and wise professionals on the Annesley Council. Annesley’s Council Members work collaboratively with a rigorous and respectful approach to governance, debate, planning, oversight and decision making. These generous volunteers are actively involved in the life of our School. Although the majority of their work is ‘unseen,’ the fruit of our School’s ongoing growth, development and investment is seeded in our Council Members’ visions, plans for and detailed oversight of this community.
According to the Australian Institute of Company Directors, the following are some of the responsibilities of those formally charged with the oversight of an organisation like ours;
- Monitoring the strategic direction of the organisation and the attainment of its strategies and objectives in conjunction with the executive
- Monitoring the operational and financial position and performance of the organisation generally
- Reviewing and approving the organisation’s internal compliance and control systems and codes of conduct
- Assuring that the organisation’s financial and other reporting mechanisms are designed to result in adequate, accurate and timely information being provided to the board
- Approving the organisation’s budgets and business plans and monitoring major capital expenditures, acquisitions and divestitures, and capital management generally
- Approving the organisation’s budgets and business plans and monitoring major capital expenditures, acquisitions and divestitures, and capital management generally;
Learn more about our Council Members here.