Draft Personal Device Policy
As a School, we are keenly aware of our responsibility for student safety and wellbeing throughout the school day. Committed to Child Safe Practices, we recognise the need to be aware of any communications in and out of the school and the content students are accessing online. We believe in the partnership between home and school and therefore we are seeking your input as we make decisions about student’s personal devices at Annesley. We value the input and the trust you put in us to best support student in their usage of personal devices.
Please forward any constructive thoughts, comments or suggestions on our draft Personal Device Policy, as out lined below, via email to Jo Rossiter, Head of Primary Years – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Personal Devices at School
Annesley provides students with access to the devices that they require to participate in learning engagements and therefore students are encouraged to not bring personal devices (eg. iPad) to school. Students are able to share home learning between home and school through the Class Seesaw App which they can access on home devices.
If students need to bring a personal device such as a mobile phone, then the following guidelines are to be followed:
- The device remains the responsibility of the students and their family
- The student and/or parent are to inform their teacher that they have a phone at School
- All mobile phones are to be kept in bags in student lockers
- The device is not to be connected at anytime to the School Wi-Fi
- All access to internet on School iPads is to be connected through the School Wi-Fi, under no circumstances is the Mobile Hotspot to be used from a personal device
Communication Between Parents and Students During the School Day
- If a student in Reception to Year 7 needs to contact a parent during the day, they are to discuss this with their teacher and ring their parent from the front office.
- Parents are to make contact by phone to the Front Office if they need to share a message with their child between the hours of 8.45am and 3.30pm
- Smart watches can be worn by students at school but are not to be used to message or call contacts between the hours of 8.45am and 3.30pm.
- Notifications are to be turned off during school hours.