IPSHA Poetry Recital Competition
Annesley is a member of the Independent Primary School Heads of Australia Ltd (IPSHA). IPSHA is a large group of like-minded, highly collaborative independent schools across Australia. Annesley has hosted the SA IPSHA Branch for professional learning and meetings, and Annesley’s students participate in a range of IPSHA opportunities. The majority of SA’s independent schools are members of IPSHA.
The Goals of IPSHA are;
- To promote the unique nature and diversity of independent primary schools.
- To provide collegial support for members.
- To promote the national voice of independent primary schools.
- To deliver and facilitate quality professional learning opportunities.
- To provide educational opportunities for students.
One such opportunity for Annesley’s students is the IPSHA Poetry Recital Competition. The goal of the competition is to develop a love and appreciation of poetry, memory skills, self-confidence, clear speech, and performance experience. On Monday Annesley students held a Poetry Recital in Gillingham Hall and we congratulate all the students that memorised and presented their poems with passion and commitment. We congratulate Olivia & Harper who will represent Annesley at the upcoming interschool competition, being held at Walford.
In a few weeks time Adelaide will hold the IPSHA National Conference, and Annesley is proud to be showcasing our school to visiting IPSHA Members as part of this significant gathering.