School History

School History

A century of excellence

Established in 1902 as a day and boarding school for girls from Kindergarten to Year 12, Annesley was first known as Methodist Ladies College and consisted of 19 students. The College was originally located at Malvern before relocating in 1904 to it’s current home adjacent Greenhill Road at Rose Terrace, Wayville. It was not until 1977 that the College was re-named Annesley College following the amalgamation of the Methodist, Presbyterian and Congregational Churches.

Annesley was named after Susanna Annesley, who was the mother of Methodist Church founder John Wesley. To this day, Annesley students continue to benefit from a rich educational history and the foundations of those early years. Even now, a range of community events and school assemblies are held in the historic heart of the school, our grand Gillingham Hall built in the 1920’s.

In 2012 Annesley began a new chapter in our school’s history as Annesley Junior School. We are a co-educational school offering a contemporary inquiry-based learning environment for students from two years of age through to Year 6.